Sunday, March 8, 2009

Last Name

I should have probably started my blogging career explaining the name of my blog, but I know that most people that know me will have already figured it out. My first entry I shared with you was about the trials and tribulations of having a drunken and deadly first name, but my last name is another story.

First of all, I have googled myself on numerous occasions. I know that you have all done it, so do not begin to judge me. Everyone I know has done it, and they all have people who claim the same identity. I already had enough identity issues as it was, I must admit that I was a bit nervous the first time I put my name into that little box of answers. To my surprise, and immediate relief(I didn't breathe for a good two minutes, my browser was dreadfully slow), I am the only Amber Kasbon. Obviously, there is nothing unique about my first name (other than beer and dinosaurs) but my last name has brought me great joy. There are not any other Kasbon's, save the six people in my family that now claim the name as their own.

This in and of itself is fantastic, but it is not why I take such simple pleasure in telling people my name. I have an avid imagination so pretending to be a British spy is right up my alley, whenever I meet someone new I give them the classic line: the name's Bon, Kasbon. It makes me laugh out loud just writing it. Who doesn't want to be James Bond? Aside from the casual sex, drinking and intermittent torture sessions, he is fantastic. I am a sucker for accents, class, and stlye, which he has in spades. When I use my introductory line, I like to invision myself as a total kick-butt secret agent and even if no one else can see it, it makes me smile just the same. Besides if no one suspects me as a British secret agent, I suppose I'd be doing a pretty good job if I was one.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for commenting at my blog, Amber. You're welcome to visit any time!

    ReplyDelete