Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Wandering" and "Where I Was, You Now Are"

I wrote these poems awhile ago but they really capture how I feel right now.....

Wandering through this realm of emotions

Deciding which way holds clarity

Yearning to remember a time before you

Aching to forget everything you did to me

Contemplating cutting you off completely

Holding on to the friendship we shared

Questioning my decision to leave you

Wondering what made me even stay

Breaking down because love remains

Hating that you make me feel this way

Asking for just one day without tears

Crying because I feel so lost

Wishing that this would come to a close

Hoping I can finally find my way home



You couldn't handle being replaced

All of a sudden you act like you care

Pleading for my forgiveness and love

You request it but do not truly want it

Still believe I was the one in the wrong

Just cant handle my happiness

Perplexed by the smile on my face

Suddenly you decide I'm not invisible

I'm not hidden behind a wall of tears

I would have given you anything

That time has now passed

You gave up your right to me

Hope you'll benefit from your mistakes

Live and learn or you'll never keep love

You lost me and I'm never coming back

Life isn't always about second chances

Sorry it had to end this way

But you brought this pain upon yourself

I'm happy now and you're in tears

Seems like when we were together

Only it was my tears and your smiles then

Funny how life spins things around

Never thought we'd end up here

Expected me to take your abuse forever

Guess what I finally woke up to reality

Now I use the word love in the past tense


No comments:

Post a Comment